Sunday, March 22, 2009

Time Out For Women. . . Time Out for Nora!

Ever since I first heard about Time Out for Women, I have always wanted to go! So when I received an email about TOFW coming to Houston, I asked my mom if she'd want to go. So last weekend, Roger, the family and I drove down. It was so fun! It was just Friday night and most of the day Saturday: so not too long, but not too short. Friday night Sheri Dew and Wendy Watson Nelson spoke. I have to confess, I was almost star struck by Sheri Dew. Saturday was full of great presenters too: Mary Ellen Edmunds, Brent Top, Wendy Ulrich and Chris Stewart.

I think with any conference such as this, you hope to leave with a least one "ah-ha" moment. And I had that moment during Wendy Ulrich's presentation. She went through the topic of sin vs. weakness. I've never thought about the difference between the two before. Nor have I seen them broken down before in the way she broke them down. It was very enlightening! And to top off the whole weekend, I also got to see one of my besties, Jennifer.

As for Roger, I'm not sure that the weekend was as great for him. Alex started to get sick on Tuesday before we left. By Thursday night, his asthma was full on. Despite reminding me that I really got the easy part of the deal, Roger was a real trooper all weekend! He took care of Addison, made sure Alex stayed on top of his medicines and was just all around, Mr. Mom! So not only was I spiritually fed, but also got a nice little break from the kiddos. And it was so fun to spend some time with my mom...without having to share her! What can I say? I still enjoy having my mom all to myself every once in a while! And Mom and Dad made sure that the weekend cost Roger and I practically nothing. Without them, I never would have been able to go to Houston and attend this conference. I'm so lucky to have such great parents and a truly supportive and loving husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment