Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Roger -- Again!

Now for someone who really isn't excited about celebrating his birthday, he sure looks happy here! In all fairness, Roger really didn't know what he was marrying into when he married a McNiel/Whittenberg. We celebrate birthdays. And more often than not, we celebrate numerous times. Unfortunately for Roger, he's no exception. So here we are again, celebrating Roger's birthday. This is his actual birthday on March 26th. We were lucky this year that his birthday fell on one of his days off. This is probably the way he'd prefer to celebrate: quietly, with just Alex, Addison and me. We really had a great day together. We ate lunch at one of our favorite places, Kincaids. Then we headed out to buy Roger a birthday present. I wanted to buy him a new pair of flip flops, because he hasn't bought a new pair in years. So we bought him a nice pair from the Walking Company, which will probably last another five years or so. Then we headed home for cake. Alex, Addison and I picked up an ice cream cake for him. No surprise here because we do it every year. Then Friday, our sweet neighbor Lindsey watched Alex and Addison so Roger and I could go out on a date. We went to a movie and dinner. It was so fun! We very rarely go out, so when we do we really enjoy ourselves. I think he had a pretty good birthday this year. Happy 3oish Birthday Roger!












1 comment:

  1. Man, your neighbor Lindsey sounds great. You sure got lucky to have her nearby. Wish I had me a good neighbor like that. Oh wait, I HAVE YOU!! YAYYY!
    Haha. I'm avoiding the MESS that is my house right now.
    Love all the fun pictures. Y'all really do celebrate birthdays in your family. Tell them that mine is January 23. :)

    ReplyDelete