Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rainforest Cafe


On Friday, our last day of spring break, we drove up to Grapevine to the Grapevine Mills Mall. Cadence had received a certificate for a free lunch at Rainforest Cafe from school, so we thought it would be fun to take the kids to eat there. We walked around the mall for a little while then settled in to eat. I think Cadence loved all the animals coming to life...we sat right next to the elephants and we could see the gorillas. So every 15 or 20 minutes the elephants would "wake up"...which entailed some roaring, ears waving back and forth, trunks moving up and down. Addison wasn't so crazy about all the action...she preferred to sit in my lap the whole time. All the animals were pretty vivid! And we managed to beat the crowds, so it wasn't too bad with all the kids. I just hate that when Cadence is out of school, so are all the other school kids. So it's tough to do anything fun because it is so busy and crowded everywhere we go. I think I have my sister convinced to let Cadence play hooky from school one day so we can do some fun things with him, minus the crowds! So excited for that! Despite the crowds, we had fun spending time together during spring break. My sister moves around a lot with her kids because of her husband's job. I never know too far in advance how long my niece and nephew will be around. So when they are here, I try to seize every opportunity to spend time with them. So happy that we spent the time and effort being together this past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment