Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Michelan Man

Alex has a thing for the Michelin Man...you know, the tire guy? One day he saw a commercial for Michelin Tires. You might have seen it. It's the Michelin Man, saving a town from the evil gas pump, by throwing "fuel efficient" tires on the cars. Thanks to technology, we actually have a copy of this commercial recorded on our DVR. So he often asks to watch the Michelin Man. Then he told me he wanted a Michelin Man cake for his birthday. And I feel like I can usually hold my own in the kitchen. But the request for a Michelin Man cake was a little out of my league. So my sweet friend Lindsey referred me to her friend who makes cakes. Wouldn't you know it? She came through with a fabulous Michelin Man cake for Alex's birthday! It was really an amazing cake. He loved it! And one of the even more amazing things is that Amy, who made the cake, just does cakes on the side. She's not even a full-time cake boss or ace of cakes! You would never have known it though. What we won't do as parents to make every dream a reality for our children!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex, I work at Michelin in the Marketing Department. Our creative agency found this great cake of the Michelin Man and shared this story with us. We would love to send you a little Michelin man trinket. Can you provide your mailing address to wendy.ford@us.michelin.com? Thank you

    ReplyDelete