Thursday, September 9, 2010

Me Stew

Alex is doing really well in kindergarten! I'm so proud of him. Right now, his
theme in class is "All About Me/Families." So we had our first homework project of making a picture of Alex. We went to the craft store and picked up a few supplies. When I asked him how he wanted to decorate his shirt, he wanted it to look like a Dallas Stars jersey, of course! And we tried to make the mini Alex a pair of Sketcher Super Z Straps...his school shoes which he absolutely loves! He was proud of his little mini me. Then Wednesday when I picked him up from school, he walked out carrying this big, black, plastic cauldron. His little arms barely reached all the around this thing! It was funny! I asked him what that was about and he was so excited. He told me, "Me Stew!" Sure enough, we made Me Stew in his cauldron and filled it up with things that told about Alex. He chose to put in a Dallas Cowboys football, some cars, a couple airplanes, a bakugan, his teddy bear that he sleeps with, a Dallas Stars jersey, and a few pictures (one of him and daddy, him and Cadence, and him and Grandma). We also threw in Addison's cheese pizza play food, since that is his favorite food. He was thrilled to do this little project. Today I got this email from his teacher:
"I really had to write to tell you how cute Alex was this morning while he presented his Me Stew.
The kids get to ask him questions at the end and one child asked him what his favorite song was.
He answer was priceless……Rain Makes Corn! I love that song! LOL
Just wasn’t really expecting him to say that!
I started to sing some of the words….but he looked at me and said….actually they sing it faster on The Wolf."
I laughed when I read his teacher's email. I wasn't sure if I should be embarrassed about his song, or not. But he really does love that song. We listen to it all the time, and dance and sing to it. So I'm just really proud of his work. And his behavior log has had good notes all week, so that's a bonus too!

No comments:

Post a Comment