Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Big Girl Bed

You know that saying, don't mess with a good thing. Well...I messed with a good thing. Addison has always been my good sleeper. My 12 hour sleeper. My nearly always slept thru the night good sleeper. As she's getting close to her third birthday, I thought it would be a good idea to transition her to a "big girl" bed. I reasoned that I wanted her to be sleeping in a bed she could get in and out of before I potty trained her. I want her to have the freedom when she's potty trained to get out of bed and use the bathroom if she needs. So I converted her crib into a toddler bed. In Addison's mind, this is the greatest thing ever! Unfortunately for me, it has NOT been the greatest thing ever. The first few nights, she didn't stay in bed. Then she started staying in bed when we laid her down, but she got up early in the morning. I mean 5:30 early! Yikes! So my good sleeper is now a so-so sleeper. I'm hoping she'll start sleeping later after the newness of this new found freedom wears off. In the meantime, I'm tired! And Addison is no where near being potty trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment