Thursday, March 17, 2011

Friends Forever

My mom lives in Chicago these days...and despite the fact that she's been gone for a couple years now, I still miss her terribly. One of the only reasons I moved back to Texas four years ago was to live closer to my mom: for many, many different reasons. So I must confess that there aren't many people I would spend a day with instead of my mom while she's visiting for Spring Break. But for this lady, I did!

She has been my friend for a long, long time. Since we were kids. She has always been an inspiration to me, and an example. As adults, this has been even more true. When I moved back to Arlington, I unknowingly moved down the street from her. She has been a friend to me when I thought I had no one else in the world. She has loved my children as her own. She has cleaned up my children's poop! She is a kind, generous, humble and amazing person. For these reasons, and so many more, I happily gave up a day with my mom to see her and her sweet children. She now lives in Lufkin, and I miss her like I miss my mom. I love her dearly, and treasure the times I get to see her when she comes back for visits. I know a loving Father in Heaven has blessed me with friends such as her, friends I know that I'll have forever. I'm so, so grateful for this tender mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment