Saturday, June 20, 2009

Viruses and Car Buying

Viruses and car buying...hmm. Both sound kinda yucky right? Well, the virus I'm talking about isn't a human virus. It's the w32.koobface.A virus that infected my computer -- what a pain! Apparently, this is a computer virus courtesy of social websites such as Facebook and Myspace. And since I'm an admitted Facebook junkie, I'm sure I infected my computer with this virus somehow. Thankfully, Roger worked and worked to get the virus off our computer. But now I'm afraid to get back on Facebook. Guess I'll have to blog more! Ha!

Now on to the other yucky thing...car buying! Last weekend Roger started talking to me about buying a new car -- and he's wanted to get into a bigger car for some time now. I guess I just kept thinking we weren't quite ready -- not ready for a car payment, increased gas payment, etc. But he talked some sense into me and we started seriously looking this past week. What another pain in the you know what! After several trips to various car dealerships and dealing with numerous car sales men, we've managed to purchase this....
auto industry

It's the 2010 Honda Pilot. And it's soooo nice! We finally worked out a deal with David McDavid Honda in Irving. They got the price down and actually found the Pilot we wanted -- a 2 wheel drive EX, dark cherry pearl exterior with a tan interior. The only hiccup is that the car is in Austin. So while we are waiting for the car to make its way up to Irving, Roger and I have reflected on how screwy (is that a real word) the whole car buying business is! And just when you think you've managed to walk away from the whole thing without getting too screwed, you discover another hidden way that the dealership made some extra money off of you. All I have to say is that I think I negotiated a decent price for my new Pilot and that I held my guns on the figures that I actually saw on paper. And I won't have to do this again for some time! And in the meantime, I'll enjoy every little minute in my new Pilot!

1 comment:

  1. HOw exciting! I LOVE NEW CARS! Mine is a couple years old now and I still call Brsndon once a week and tell him how much I LOVE it! You're gonna LOVE getting into every day and sometimes when you walk up to it at the grocery store you will smile and think "hee hee! That's mine!" Sorry about your computer! Yay for blogging....we all know how I feel about face book! :)

    ReplyDelete