Friday, September 18, 2009

A Night at the Ballpark


When I was a kid, I lived in Houston. During the summer, my parents would take one of the four kids with them on a date night to see the Astros play. I loved when it was my turn to go with my parents to the game! It was a special time because I had my parents all to myself and I was spoiled with all their attention.

Roger has worked this summer on his off days at the Ranger games to earn a little extra money. In addition, he received a voucher for 4 free tickets to a game. As the season is winding down, I told Roger that I would really like to take Alex to a game. Plus, he's been really into playing t-ball lately. So I thought he would love going to a ballgame. The stars finally aligned and I went Monday to pick up the tickets for Wednesday's game. I also picked up the obligatory Rangers t-shirt for Alex.

Well he drove Roger and I crazy for the next two days until it was time for the game...can I wear my baseball t-shirt, are we going to the game today, after school are we going to the baseball game?...etc, etc, etc! You get the idea! I stressed for days about what to do with Addison. I didn't really want to take her to the game. I really wanted it to be a special night for Alex with just Roger and I. Lo and behold, my sweet angel friend, Lindsey, came through and offered to babysit Addison for me. She had no idea that I really wanted to leave Addison home so Roger and I could start this same tradition with Alex that was so memorable for me as a child. And miraculously, the rain stopped long enough for us to actually go to the game. I also didn't know that Wednesdays are dollar hot dog nights...another bonus!


Alex with his first hot dog...he still doesn't eat the buns. He ended up eating two hot dogs! I won't say how many Roger ate.


And of course, Alex had his favorite dessert of "yellow" ice cream with sprinkles. That's vanilla ice cream with sprinkles. Nice hat, huh?

The best part for Alex was the games he could play! He played this one a few times. All in all, it was a really fun night for the three of us. Roger and I don't often get to spend time like this with Alex. And we really enjoyed it! I just hope these date nights with Roger and I will be as memorable for him as they were for me as a child with my own parents. Thanks and love to you Lindsey for helping make it happen!

2 comments:

  1. Awww.... I didn't even know all of that! Wow. I do kind of rock, don't I? Haha!!! No, I'm just glad ya'll were able to have a special night with Alex. We had lots of fun with Miss Addison so it was no sweat off our backs! And you look great in that picture, by the way! You have the most gorgeous smile.... glad the kiddos got theirs from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy hud girl friend what are you doing! You look GREAT In this picture! I need some of that! WHatever it is, KEEP it up! Hottie mCtottie! Love your hot guts!

    ReplyDelete