Thursday, August 5, 2010

Casting 101

The other night as Roger and I were looking over our calender, we sadly realized that summer is nearly over. Roger mentioned how he and Alex didn't get to go camping. So we found a free day and scheduled a camping trip. Then he called me today and asked me if I thought Alex would like fishing and how I felt about him renting a fishing boat. Then he called me a couple hours later and said he bought some fishing poles. I'm not sure who is more excited about this camping trip. So tonight, Roger took Alex out in the backyard to practice casting his line. He did pretty good.
Of course, Addison couldn't be left out. So she cast a few lines as well. And Daddy promised to buy her a fishing pole too! Promptly after this, Alex started packing. Have I mentioned the camping trip isn't for another week?

As a side note, Alex was talking to me this morning about the camping trip. He told me after he camped with Daddy, he wanted us to go on a camping trip. I hated to give him the bad news that Mommy wasn't really a camper girl. He looked a little confused, so I clarified by saying that I don't go camping without Daddy. I didn't want to go in the whole, long explanation of camper girl vs. shopper girl. Because deep down, I'm a shopper girl and would really be out of my element camping solo with my son. Luckily, he didn't press me any further. I'm thinking a family camping trip might be in our near future though!

No comments:

Post a Comment