Sunday, August 1, 2010

July 4th, Part 2

Wow, I can't believe it's August! And I'm still trying to catch up on my blogging from July. The summer is flying by at crazy, warp super speed! These are some cute pictures from the 4th of July. Since my Dad was in Hawaii for Father's Day, we took the opportunity to celebrate with him while he was here in July. What do you get a dad who has everything? Seriously, the man has everything. And if there is something that he doesn't have and wants it, he goes and buys it for himself. Part of me is happy he can do this because he spent many years sacrificing and putting the needs of me and my siblings before his own. The other part of me finds this habit incredibly frustrating. Because of this little habit of his, I really had nothing to give him for Father's Day except a small piece of my time and talent. And my daughter's talent!
Addison and I made him a chocolate cake for Father's Day. Addison is "helping" me make his cake. I think she's getting the sweeter end of this deal!

Then we showered him with a few cards and gifts. It was fun to celebrate with him and to let him know how much we love him. I think by the smiles on these faces, you can see how much they love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment