Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cowboy High!



Seriously, I'm failing miserably at keeping my 11 curfew. It's 11:15 and I'm blogging again. Alex has really gotten into dressing like a cowboy lately. It all started when we went to the rodeo back in February and bought Alex a real cowboy hat. It was compounded when my friend Becky was visiting and she wanted to buy a cowboy hat. So we took her to Sheplers and she bought a really cute straw hat. Well, Roger and I couldn't resist buying Alex some cowboy boots. Which he now proudly wears with shorts! Then Roger got some boots for Father's Day, so he went a few days ago to buy some wranglers. Well, he came home with a pair of wranglers and Alex got a new belt. With a shiny silver belt buckle and all! It's too cute. Today he was showing it off to Ella, his favorite girl friend at play group. Really, he'll show it off to anyone who will listen. And a few times I've told him to "cowboy up" Just playing around with him because he doesn't really know what that means. Well, I think he can't quiet remember that phrase, so sometimes he'll tell me, "Cowboy High, Mommy!" as he's riding his stick horse around the house. Sometimes he plays until he plum tuckers himself out! But I love that little cowboy with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment