Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The End of An Era...

The Elmo table has been a permanent fixture in my living room for about three years now. Santa brought it to Alex when he was about a year and a half. Alex and I have had some fun times at that table! We ate at the table, played, did projects. But alas, it was time to put the Elmo table away. Addison had started to climb on the chair and up onto the table. Roger and I were worried that sooner or later, she would get up there and fall off. So he took it apart the other morning. We were both a little sad. Alex seemed ok...but he takes most things in stride.

The extra bonus that came from taking down the Elmo table is that it motivated me to re-claim my living room. Alex and Addison's toys had seriously started to take over! So Monday we got in the playroom and sorted through some old toys and took a load over to Goodwill. And with more room in the playroom, tonight I moved most of the toys out of the living room and back into the playroom. Ahh, it's so nice to have my living room back! It's so clean...until I looked down. My carpet is so dirty! Ha! A project for another week maybe. In the meantime, I'm working on getting this house back in order.

Ahh, my nice clean living room. Maybe when I'm done organizing my house, I can work a little more on decorating...

No comments:

Post a Comment