Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Flying Solo

I'm not sure what this was all about...I think it had something to do with weather proofing the BDUs. It's like many things with the military. I just don't get it all. Roger tries to explain a lot of it to me, but I'm starting to think that unless you've been in the military, you just won't understand. Which is the case with me. My point is, Roger left Sunday for his annual two week tour with the Air Force Reserves. His unit went to Guyana, which is in South America. It turned into a humanitarian mission of sorts. He is helping under privileged people in Guyana get glasses. And so I've been on my own now for 3 days. Luckily, I've had my sweet friend (and next-door neighbor) Lindsey keeping me company. I also have my sister coming in town on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to seeing her, and my niece and nephew. Then next week the kids and I are going to crash San Antonio, visiting my bestie, Jill, and her family. I just love San Antonio -- so many fun things to do down there. And it's been over a year since I've seen Jill, so I'm looking forward to seeing her again. And her kiddos! So the two weeks should go by pretty fast. I feel so lucky to have such great friends and family to help me through the times when I'm flying solo. And I think this is really just the beginning...Roger will probably have more demands of him from the military in the future. He's even preparing me for a possible deployment. But we'll cross that bridge when it comes. In the meantime, I'm trying to make the best of the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment