Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun in San Antonio

While Roger was gone to Guyana, I bravely took myself, my two kids, my brand new Honda Pilot, and everything we couldn't live without for five days, on a road trip down to San Antonio. Can I just say how much I love San Antonio! For so many reasons! We visited my friend, Jill, and her family. It was so fun! Well, I had fun. My kids were off schedule, sleep deprived and generally cranky. But hey, we made the best of it! Jill is such a great host -- she always takes such great care of us, feeds us, plans fun activities. Here are some pics from our time down there.

Our first day there we went shopping at La Cantera -- a fabulous outdoor shopping mall. This is Jill's son, Tyson, and Alex at the playground. Some genius had the genius idea of putting a playground in the middle of this outdoor shopping mall. Seriously. This person was a genius. You can shop, then let the kids burn some energy at the playground. Then shop some more. Pure Genius! Love La Cantera!
The next day, we drove out to the Exotic Resort Zoo in Johnson City. It was so fun! We drove around in a covered trailer on about 150 acres of land and fed all kinds of animals...camels, llamas, deer, buffalo, ostriches, zebras, ... and those were just the animals that I knew!

Feeding the buffalo...look at that tongue!

The camels were so funny! One was an older camel and we had to hide our buckets of food from him, or he'd help himself and grab the entire bucket of feed. Another younger one, Goober, was really sweet. He just ate right out of our hands!

Addison had NO FEAR of the animals. She was fussing, and I couldn't figure out why. Then it dawned on me that she wanted to feed the animals. She would reach in the buckets, grab some food, and then just let the animals eat right out of her hands. I was more apprehensive than she ever dreamed of being! We finished out the day there by having a picnic lunch. After everyone ate, we continued playing with the animals in the petting zoo. It was such a fun day! More to come in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment