Monday, August 3, 2009

Soccer Mom...Sorta


For three days last week, I was an official soccer mom. I signed Alex up for soccer camp last week at our gym. It was Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10-12 p.m. From what I could gather from Alex, he had a good time. I was so excited to have him do something this summer, even if it was just a sports camp. Alex is so naturally athletic, I love trying to cultivate that talent in him. On Friday when I picked him up, I jokingly asked his teacher, Miss Lauren, if I had a future soccer star on my hands. She said Alex is really fast! And she said in a year or two, he will be really ready for a team sport like soccer. Which she followed up with, "is totally normal for this age." I thought what a great, non offensive answer to my question, haha! And in truth, Alex still doesn't quite understand the concept of a team and being a team player. So while I thought I might enroll him in soccer this fall, maybe we should look into something like t-ball, where he can be his own individual star for a year or so more. He is fast, but he can also really throw a ball! I'll keep you posted on that! Also on Friday when I picked up Alex, he came running over to me saying "Look Mom!" Miss Lauren had given all the kids a blue water bottle with pictures of sports balls on it (soccer balls, baseballs, footballs, basketballs.) And Alex said, "Just like Daddys!" Roger always packs a couple of water bottles to take with him when he goes to work. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment