Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Power of Two

I did it! I survived two weeks without Roger. Thankfully, he is on his way back from Guyana! I'm happy to report that my kids are still happy, loved and well-adjusted (though they drove me crazy at times).



As I reflected back over these last fourteen days it truly reaffirmed my belief in the power of two -- as in two parents. And not just two parents, but a mother and a father. Never have I realized more how much Roger and I balance out the roles of being parents. He meets certain needs of my children that I can't and vice versa. Where I fall short, he makes up the difference. For example, I'm "ok" at playing trucks and throwing the ball, but Roger is so much better! And times when I get tired of the constant chatter from my four year old and the constant questions, Roger is patient and conversational. And after applying what seems like a hundred band-aids and my sympathies wearing thin, Roger is concerned and warm. I've missed that balance around here. I'm happy that it will be restored in a matter of hours. I've had a fun two weeks, but I'm looking forward to his return tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment