Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good News from Physical Therapy

We are working so hard on getting Addison caught up to where she needs to be: caught up on her weight, caught up on her milestones, caught up on her brain growth. Well, good news on one of these fronts! At 16 months, she is finally walking! It has been such a gradual process. She started with taking a few steps here and there. Then this weekend, she really just walked everywhere she wanted to go. I figured when she was walking more than crawling on any given day then I could officially say she is walking. And this weekend, she did that!

And more good news: Addison's sweet physical therapist, Heather, was so pleased with Addison's progress that Heather only wants to see Addison once a month now instead of once a week. Yay! Heather said that Addison walked holding her sippy cup, which was walking with her hands in front of her instead of out to her sides, steadying herself. This was a goal that Heather set for Addison to reach in 6 months! Heather was so pleased with this because it showed that Addison has good core strength. Who knew? I sure didn't, so I was so proud of my little AddiKat! Heather sent home some more exercises for me to work on with Addison, so we'll be tackling those in the next few weeks. I'm just so happy and so relieved that Addison is making some progress. I could do a jig! But I won't because I look like Elaine when I do jigs. Someone out there with some grooves do a happy dance for me and Addison!

No comments:

Post a Comment