Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas!


We had a very fun, very busy, WHITE Christmas. This was the year that all my siblings and their families were here for Christmas. As an added bonus, we also had Roger's mother here, Virginia (or better known as Nana!).

Christmas Eve it started snowing. Fun for the kids, bad for Nana trying to fly in from Salt Lake. Roger left for the airport and braved the icy roads because by 10 p.m., it was finally clear enough for Nana's flight to come into DFW. She landed around midnight and made it to our house finally around 1:30 Christmas morning.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I got the kids ready for bed. Alex and I got the cookies baked for Santa and placed on the kitchen table. Then he took off to bed and I waited for Santa to arrive.

Christmas Day was a busy day! We started off at home, opening our gifts, stockings and presents from Santa.


Addison really enjoyed opening her gifts! It was fun to see her tearing into all that wrapping paper!

Next we headed over to Grandma and Papa McNiel's house for Christmas with them. It was fun, and Alex got everything he'd been wanting...including his football helmet and football jersey.

From there, we headed to my Grandmother's house where we exchanged another round of gifts, ate our traditional Christmas lunch, and had our traditional white elephant gift exchange. For some reason, my pictures stopped about here. I don't know if it was just the sheer business of the day, or if I was just plain exhausted. Either way, we had a fun Christmas.

It's always special to share Christmas with my niece and nephew, Paige and Chandler, who we don't see very often. It was special to have Nana here with us this year too! The white elephant gift exchange was a riot. And we made memories that we'll laugh about and cherish for years to come. Now that it's over, it's on to celebrating a new year. But am I crazy because I already miss Christmas and I'm looking forward to Christmas 2010? What can I say, I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment