Thursday, December 24, 2009

A White Christmas...In Texas Ya'll!


This is a picture of my house on Christmas Eve, probably around 3 in the afternoon. Yes, that white stuff on my lawn is snow! Yes, snow! In Texas! On Christmas! I still find it hard to believe that we had a white Christmas. It started snowing after lunch on Christmas Eve, and it snowed the rest of the day and into the evening. I heard that it's been 80 years since it's snowed on Christmas in Texas. I think God blessed us with a white Christmas for my niece and nephew visiting from Delaware. I think He didn't want them missing out on a white Christmas. The only down side to getting snow on Christmas Eve was that Roger's mother was flying in from Salt Lake. So after several delays, she finally made it to Texas.. on Christmas morning if you want to get technical about it. But she made it. And we enjoyed the beautiful, peaceful, white snow.


Looking out our front door on Christmas morning.
Our back yard Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment