Friday, February 5, 2010

29 Again


Yes, that's right. I celebrated my 29th birthday again this week. On my actual birthday, Roger was working during the day from 8-5, when on his normal schedule he would have been home. So I made the best of it and planned a play date with a couple of girl friends and their kiddos. We had a really fun time at the museum in Fort Worth. Then the following Saturday, my mom hosted a family party at her house. They ordered in fajitas for dinner. Yum! And my sister graciously baked my favorite cake: Italian cream! It was fabulous, even if she had to make it twice :) And of course, we opened presents afterwards. I think I was the last person on the planet to not own an iPod. Thanks to my parents, I'm the proud owner of an iPod nano. I also scored a new robe and a couple iTune gift cards. It was a really fun birthday. I'm thankful for my mom who always insists that we celebrate every birthday. All my life, she has always made sure it was a special day. And 29 or so years later, she's still making sure my birthdays are special. She is a sweet, special lady. I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment