Friday, February 12, 2010

12.5

Officially, it snowed 12.5 inches yesterday at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport. And we saw every inch of that snow here at our home in Arlington. I have never seen that much snow in Arlington, and I've lived here in Texas for pretty much my whole life. We had a ball playing in it all day! Before 7:30 a.m. yesterday, Roger and Alex had a snowman built. And they went out and played in it several more times through out the day. Alex loved the snow so much. I think he would go out and play until he was too cold to stand it one second longer, come inside so I could dry all his clothes, and then he'd go out again! Today, we also enjoyed our first official snow day, or day home from school. Grandma McNiel took us all out to lunch and to the mall, where she promptly spoiled Alex rotten at the Disney Store and Build-A-Bear. Can I be honest though? After two days, I'm ready for the snow to melt. I'm a Texas girl at heart and I'm ready for warmer, sunnier days!
Picture early in the morning when we thought we were in for just a "dusting" of snow. Little did we know it would snow for about 24 hours straight!
Alex being silly in front of his snow man.
Addison trying to catch a snow flake :)
A little later in the day. Note the snow shovel. Believe it or not, we actually had to shovel our drive way!
So we didn't have a sled, but we do own a snow board. Roger pulled Alex around on the snow board like it was a sled. His little bottom fit just perfectly on that snow board! Roger and Alex both really enjoyed playing in the snow.
Our snow man later in the day. His hat is almost covered in snow. What a snow storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment