Friday, April 22, 2011

The Big 6



Alex turned 6 last week! I can't believe how fast the years have gone...it seems like just yesterday I brought this tiny baby home from the hospital, scared to death and clueless! Six years later, he's grown into a smart, funny boy. The night before his birthday, we were having dinner and Alex was not too happy about going to school on his birthday. Roger and I laughed! We tried to make it a special day despite having to go to school. He was thrilled to wake up to some presents. We even let him open one before school. He is really into Sonic x/Sonic the Hedgehog. And he's been telling me for months that he wanted this Sonic Underground movie. I lucked into finding it at Target, and for only $5! Later that day, Roger and I went up to his school to have lunch with him. He was thrilled!
Alex eats lunch at 10:35 in the morning. So we can't really pick him up anything fun or special for lunch. So we brought him up a pizza that I cooked at home. We'd also picked him up some chocolates from Godiva. He was so happy! It was really fun! After school, Aunt Tamara, Cadence and Caitlin stopped by to wish Alex a happy birthday. They brought cupcakes, so we sang happy birthday, opened some gifts, and had an after school snack.



That night was also Alex's school play. It was called Bugz, and it was the cutest show ever! I mean, kindergartners are pretty funny and cute as it is. And this play really highlighted all their sweet, funny talents! Alex played an Army Ant, and during their song, he said "Two-Three-Four!"(think "hut two, three, four") He was so into his part! And it was so funny! He had participated in several little musical programs while in preschool. And he was never really into singing the songs and doing the hand motions. So you can imagine how surprised I was that he was so into his play. I was so proud of how well he "performed" his part!




I was so proud of Alex. He was truly one of the stars of the show! And phew! What a fun, busy birthday. I think he had a really special birthday. I mean, for it being a school day and all!

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute. Alex is growing up and it makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete