Sunday, April 24, 2011

More Birthday Fun

This year for Alex's birthday, we decided to scale back a bit on the birthday party. Birthday's are a big deal in my book, so this was a little hard for me. But being in kindergarten, and not knowing a lot of his classmates very well, I think this was the right decision for our family this year. So instead of a big party, we took Alex out the the "race track" aka Putt Putt in Hurst. He LOVES going out there. And we took Cadence, so he had at least one friend there with him. He did all his favorite things...race cars, played minature golf, and also rode in the bumper boats. I think that was the highlight of the day for Alex and Cadence. They had a ball in the bumper boats!



One of these times, I'm going to get to ride in the race cars! This time, I was watching Addison.

Here the boys are playing golf. I think Alex just hit a hole in won..you can barely see that he's jumping up and down!


While we were waiting for the bumper boats, I tried to get a quick shot of Alex and Addison.

The bumper boats moved around in this pool, and you could also shoot water at the other people in the boats. The boys had a blast soaking each other!

After the bumper boats, showing off their wet shirts. Good thing we had really warm, beautiful weather!
When we were done at the race track, we headed back to my parents house for dinner. We cooked up some kabobs for dinner, and Great Grandma and Aunt Mary joined us for the party. Alex had a second round of presents, and a second round of cake. I think for not having a big party, he had a good day celebrating his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment