Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Good Friday 2011







Alex has been asking me for WEEKS to dye Easter eggs. He loves, loves, dying eggs. I kept telling him we'd do that on Good Friday, since he was out of school. He'd even asked me earlier in the week if he could do it, like on Tuesday or something, saying Friday was too far away. My sweet, patient red head! So I went ahead and bought two dozen eggs just to dye: one dozen for Alex and one dozen for Addison. And when Good Friday was finally here, Alex was good and ready!

I was so proud of Addison because I wasn't quite sure how she'd do with the dye. But she was a crafty trooper! She sat right down, grabbed a spoon and started dying the eggs. Caitlin didn't fair quite as well. She tried a couple times to drink the dye. Tamara was a little frazzled by the time we were done.



Alex with his finished eggs. He blew through all 12 of his eggs in no time flat!


Addison with her finished eggs. Note the color theme...PINK! I barely managed to talk her into doing a few eggs in other colors.




"Show me your hands!"



Sometimes, your hands just work out better! To my surpise, Addison did really well with the dye, and managed to keep herself fairly clean, with the exception of her hands. And the hard boiled eggs didn't all go to waste: Aunt Patty took a bunch and made a ton of deviled eggs. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment