Monday, May 25, 2009

Alex's First Father-Son Camp Out

It's hard to see, but Alex is smiling in this picture. It is the smile of true, pure happiness. This is the beginning of his first father-son camp out with Roger. I think Roger has been looking forward to this day for more than four years. I think it's been since he found out that Alex was Alex and not an Avery! I don't really have tons of details about the camp out because I wasn't there. The information that I did get from Roger was..well...ok honestly, he's a man. He didn't go in depth about every little detail of the camp out. However, these are the facts that I do know -- Alex did great. I was so worried that he would want to come home in the middle of the night. But he didn't. Roger did great preparing every thing. And best of all, Alex wants to go camping again. For me, this was the best measure of success. I know this was a very special experience for both Roger and Alex. I'm so happy that they went and had a good time. I asked Alex if I could go next time and he said, "No, just Daddy." And since truthfully, I'm more shopper girl than camper girl, I guess that's ok with me. (Shopper Girl vs. Camper Girl is a whole 'nother blog). So here's to many more father-son camp outs!



No comments:

Post a Comment