Sunday, May 17, 2009

Party On Alex!

This year, we wanted to have a birthday party for Alex with his friends, but we needed a budget friendly option. So after much discussion, Roger and I decided to have Alex's party at our house. I thought a sports theme would be fun and we could have a field day type party outside. I wasn't thrilled with having a party at home because it meant a lot of work on my part. And that meant for me, a lot of worrying on my part. But I did some research and came up with a game plan. Of course, a few days before his party the meteorologists started predicting rain on the day of his party. Rain is good luck for weddings, not so good for birthday parties in my opinion. So I researched some Plan B ideas for his party. And in the end, it all came together. We had a great turn out, fun games, cupcakes, presents...what more could a four year old want? I think Alex loved having all his friends over. And I think he enjoyed the party.
Before the party...Alex playing with the balloons.

This was the first game we played called Melt the Ice. The kids passed around an ice cube until it melted. I posted this picture because Ella is in it -- she's the girl sitting next to Alex. Alex loves Ella! It's so sweet!
The kids playing keep it up with the balloons. So fun!
Alex with his birthday cupcake. Note Ella again..heehee!
And I loved this picture with his presents all around him. And the kids all around him! I think he had a really fun birthday and really, that's all the matters. Not the place, just his friends and having fun. I need to try to remember that from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment