Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gingerbread House Tradition



Last year, I thought it would be fun to make a gingerbread house with Alex. I think I was looking for something to keep him busy while Addison napped. He LOVED it! He's been counting down the days until he could make one this year. And thus, a new Christmas tradition is started! So this year, I ended up buying two. That's how it goes with two small children. We really enjoyed creating the houses. Most of all, I loved seeing Alex's creativity!
Addison was really more interested in eating the candy than decorating with it. But I managed to convince her to do a little decorating!
The work in progress....
Each one wanted to take a picture with their finished houses. Not sure what's up with the props (the football and the barbie lotion?)

So, Addison pooped out on me pretty early. So "our" house is the one on the left..Alex's house is the one on the right. I love how decorated his house gets! It's so fun to see him be creative with all the candy and colors. Thanks to the gingerbread houses, our real house is beginning to look, and smell more and more like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment