Monday, December 13, 2010

Polar Pajama Party


As we've come into the holiday season, I really tried to find some fun, festive things we could do with Alex. I've said this before, but we used to do so much during the week. So as I was searching for a fun Saturday activity, I discovered at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History something called "Saturday Polar Pajama Parties." The museum shows The Polar Express on Saturday mornings on the big Imax screen during December. And it's a pajama party, complete with free hot chocolate and other museum fun. So I jumped on the idea, and decided to coax my sister into coming too. Alex had never seen the Polar Express, so I thought he might really enjoy the movie. And enjoy the whole Imax experience. So I bought tickets for Alex and Cadence to watch the movie, and I volunteered to take Addison and Caitlin into the museum to play. I didn't think the girls were quite old enough to sit through the entire movie. And of course, we bought the crew all matching jammies! And in the end, Roger was able to come along too. It was a really fun morning!
Alex and Cadence with Dynamo. They all match :)
Enjoying some hot chocolate before the show. Neither one of them was real impressed with the hot chocolate, but at least they both tried it.

Posing for one of many photo opps!
So while Alex and Roger, and Cadence and Tamara went to see the Polar Express, the girls and I hung out. I started by feeding them a snack. Everything goes smoother on a full belly! Then we headed into the children's museum to play. It went really well! I'll admit, I was a little nervous about keeping track of the two of them. And Caitlin sometimes has separation anxiety when she's away from Tamara. But they both played really well together. We didn't have any incidents. I was able to keep track of both of them, and keep them entertained. I even managed to get a few pictures of them.
We were just running out of things to do, and Caitlin was just starting to really miss Tamara when the movie let out. Phew! We all enjoyed lunch together and played a while longer at the museum. It was a really fun morning together. I think everyone had a really good time. And Roger enjoyed the movie so much, we purchased a copy of it later that day. I think Polar Express is officially the newest holiday tradition in our family.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so fun. We have an annual family Polar Express party and the boys look forward to it every year. We get in our pjs, watch the movie with popcorn and hot chocolate and then play the Polar Express Game (I found it at Marshall's or TJ Maxx one year)--Seriously the boys want to play the game ALL of the time (I was just about to blog about it). Its a really really fun game if you can find it...

    ReplyDelete