Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010



We had a really great Christmas this year! Starting the Friday Alex finished school, it was a busy week of anticipation, counting down the days until Christmas. Thankfully, we had Grandma and Papa here to ease some of that anticipation, and we had plenty to keep us busy! When Christmas morning finally arrived, it was a great start to the day! Alex burst into my bathroom that morning, almost shocked that Santa came. It was too sweet! He was thrilled that Santa brought him the Minotaurus Lego game.
Addison was pretty fun Christmas morning too. I still don't think she really understands the whole Santa business. Regardless, she sure loved all her gifts. Her doll house was a huge hit! She loves it and all the accessories.

Addison was pretty funny opening her gifts too. I swear it took her 20 minutes to open each present. Once she got the wrapping paper off, she would ask to open the gift. So it took us what seemed like an eternity to open 4 presents.
We headed over to my parent's house next to open gifts with them. My mother told me that she was "scaling" back this Christmas. I thought this was fabulous news! They are so generous throughout the year. Almost too generous. My kids don't ever go without! So I was happy to hear that they wouldn't be too spoiled this Christmas. Addison got this princess dress from my parents, and she LOVES it! She wore it all Christmas day, and then put it on first thing the next morning. So cute!
Alex was thrilled to get this spaceship from my parents. He just thought it was the greatest thing ever that he put this on his Christmas list, and Grandma bought it for him. He's really enjoyed playing with it too.
And I guess when my mom told me she was "scaling" back this year, that didn't apply to Roger and I. Yes, that's me with a new laptop. I couldn't believe it! I was teasing my dad about getting a new Mac, so I could have his old one. Never in a million years did I think he'd buy me a computer. I love it! I'm still trying to get used to working on a laptop, but it's so awesome! It's so fun to have access to a computer, not matter where I'm at in my house. AND all the letters work on the keyboard! So we were extremely spoiled and blessed this Christmas! More Christmas posts to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment