Friday, November 13, 2009

Hats Off To the Military Wives Out There

I really don't know how military wives do it. How do they juggle everything while their husbands are deployed? I struggled keeping it all together these last three weeks. I can't imagine doing this for 3 or 6 months!

Roger comes home tomorrow night. Originally, he was supposed to work Sunday night from 5 p.m. until midnight, and then 8-5 for the next five days with next Saturday and Sunday off. Well, he told me tonight that his training class was canceled next week, so he wouldn't be working 8-5 next week after all. So now, he has to drive all day tomorrow from Alabama (11 hours) and stay up all night Saturday night so he can get back on his 5 p.m.-3 a.m. schedule that he works with the police department. So our one day with him home has now been reduced to a mere few hours because he'll be sleeping during part of the day on Sunday, and then leaving for work.

I'm so disappointed. I was so looking forward to having him home all day on Sunday so we could have one full day together as a family before we got back to the grind. And I was so looking forward to having him home every night this week. And I was also so excited to have a weekend with him.

I'll get over all my disappointment. But it really made me wonder how military wives survive these long separations. I try to think positively that these last two trips for the air force are easing me into the reality of a pending deployment. But then I just go back to wondering, honestly, how do these military wives do it? My hat is off to them! Big Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment