Friday, November 6, 2009

Fail Proof

It never fails that when I try to make plans, one or both of my children will get sick. And I will have to cancel my plans. I'm not kidding here. It NEVER fails. It's a new law of the universe. This week, I had planned a fun trip to the zoo with my mom and a friend of Alex's. Well, true to the universal law, Alex got sick. He has strep throat. Unfortunately, I had told him earlier today that we could go to the zoo tomorrow. So tonight, when I broke the news to him that we couldn't go to the zoo tomorrow after all, it broke his heart and that broke my heart. He just started crying because he was so sad. He was so looking forward to going to the zoo. I told him that his crying was breaking my heart. He looked at me inquisitively for half a second. Then told me, "It's okay Mommy. I can fix your broken heart...I have tools and screws!" How sweet is that. My broken heart melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment