Wednesday, June 30, 2010

San Antonio: Close to My Heart


San Antonio is close to my heart, for many reasons. When I was younger, my parents would take long weekends and drive down to San Antonio. Often, I tagged along with them. It was fun to spend the time with my parents, we ate well, and often, shopped! These days, I still love San Antonio for all of those reasons, and because it's also the home of my dear friend whom I've known since I was in junior high. When we decided to go to Sea World, I also wanted to take the kids down to the river walk. It's beautiful, and I've always loved the hustle and bustle of it...the shops you could walk through, the people watching, the food! And I wanted my kids to experience this as well. So we ventured down there and decided to take a tour of the river walk on one of the boats. I loved it! It was a little long to keep the kids attention for the entire time, but I enjoyed hearing about the history of the city, the river walk, the architecture and famous buildings along the way. And then we ate some Mexican food on the river: YUM! It was a really fun morning. After that, we visited my long-time friend, Jill, and her family. Jill always welcomes us into her home, feeds us, entertains us...it's a lot of fun. And Alex is convinced that her son is his cousin. Maybe not by blood, but in a way, he is most definitely family! So fun to see them and to catch up. Oh, and we were too busy chatting to take any pictures. Maybe next year. But here are a few pictures from on the river walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment