Monday, June 7, 2010

Slice of Summer

Wow! It's been crazy busy around here! Memorial Day came and went. My parents came and went. They moved this past Tuesday to Chicago. So we spent most of Memorial Day weekend visiting with them. It was fun to have a four day weekend with them before they made their way to the Midwest. Alex played his last t-ball game and had his t-ball end-of-season party. We had a bar-b-que with family. On Sunday, we enjoyed a nice family dinner after church. And Monday, ahhh Monday. My mom treated my sister and I to a pedicure. So fun and relaxing! While we were being pampered, my dad and brother graciously took all the kids bowling.
We met up with my brother and dad at the bowling alley. I found all of them playing this game...I thought this was a funny picture...all of them concentrating.
And my dad and my brother also had the chance to have a little fun despite being with all the kids!
One of Alex's prizes from the bowling alley was a blue ring pop. It turned his mouth blue, and then he proceeded to chase Addison around the house pretending to be a monster.

Wednesday, my sister offered to come over and watch Addison so Alex and I could go on a date. It was so fun! I very rarely get to do things outside of the house with just Alex. We had a great time at the dollar movie! We saw Kung Fu Panda, which neither one of us had seen before. And I couldn't help but get a little emotional while I was at the movie with him because he's growing up so fast.

This is Alex with his treat and his movie ticket. He was so excited because he's been asking me for months to go see a movie!
Thursday was Cadence's last day of school and he wanted to have an end of year party at Chuck E Cheese. So of course, we were all on board. My kids LOVE Chuck E Cheese. We had so much fun! We played games and ate pizza. Cadence also wanted to have cupcakes to celebrate the occasion, so Alex and I made cupcakes earlier in the day. It was also really fun to have Roger there with us all.
And the fun kept coming! We played at the mall on Friday...it's getting so hot here already! It was nice to have a morning indoors in the air conditioning. That night, we celebrated another end of year/birthday at a local park. Alex ran and played...so fun! Saturday, I took the kids to the pool for the first time. Alex was so excited to go swimming! He was jumping up and down, nearly squealing with delight. I wasn't sure how Addison was going to do in the water this year, but she loved it too. And Alex kept saying to me, "Thanks for taking me swimming, Mom!" It was so sweet! I'm hoping to get some pictures tomorrow of the kids swimming. The happiness on their faces is priceless! So summer is in full swing around here. And we're loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment