Monday, June 28, 2010

Take Two


Last year, Roger and I wanted to take the kids down to Sea World San Antonio because he could get free tickets through the military. So we planned the trip, booked the hotel, read up on Sea World. Then, at the last minute, I decided to check to see the hours and guess what? Sea World was CLOSED the days we would be in San Antonio! I couldn't believe my luck! At the time, we were going down during the week, and Sea World was only open on the weekends. We made the best of our trip that time, but decided we'd try going to Sea World again this year. So Roger had some time off and we decided to give ol' Sea World another try.
We left on Father's Day Sunday. Roger loves breakfast at Cracker Barrel. And these days, he's not usually awake during breakfast time. So on our way out of town, we stopped and had Father's Day breakfast there. Then we hit the road to San Antonio. The drive was great. We stopped once for lunch in Round Rock and then cruised into San Antonio around 3 p.m. I was really quite pleasantly surprised at how uneventful the drive was...which I credit to the portable DVD player we hooked up for the kids. How did people survive road trips with children before portable DVD players? I mean, really, what did my parents do with four kids on road trips from Boston to Dallas, and back? Thank goodness for modern technology!

1 comment:

  1. Ok those are cute, but I was hoping to see some pics of Sea World... get on it, woman! :)

    ReplyDelete