Sunday, June 27, 2010

Toy Story 3 Premier


A couple weeks ago, we had the opportunity to see a private premier of Toy Story 3 a week before it was released. It was at an event for Snowball Express, a charity organization for the children of our fallen heroes. They do fun, happy events to help create new memories for these kids. Roger volunteered to help work the event because it was a pretty big event! It was very special to see these families coming together to see the movie. The families walked up a red carpet into the movie theater. I couldn't help but get a little emotional watching these families walk in, knowing every one have suffered an unimaginable loss. Every woman that walked in was a widow and a single mom. It really made me grateful to all the men and women who serve in our military.
On a lighter note, can I just say how much I love Pixar! I mean, I loved them before for making these incredible movies, like the Toy Story movies. But to allow a sneak preview for these families of what is probably going to be the highest grossing animated film this year...makes me love them even more! Fortunately because Roger volunteered at the event, he was allowed to bring myself and Alex and Addison to see the movie too. We had a fabulous time! It was so fun! Of course, we loved the movie too! More on that in another post.
Thanks to Pixar, Cinemark, and all the volunteers who made that event so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment